6.17.2009

Almost Party Time!

Next weekend is the first time our whole wedding party is getting together since Sezzy and I got engaged. It's also the first time that some people are meeting each other so we wanted to do something fun to get everyone acquainted. So we had an idea. The very first time Sezzy and I hung out with "her friends" (which happened to all be people I went to high school with), we did a box race. What's a box race, you say?

A box race is when you put a bunch of stuff in a box, including alcohol of various sorts, and the first team to complete everything in the box wins. It's competitive drinking at its finest, but it's also a good team-building exercise and a lot of fun to boot. If I can remember back to that first box race, I believe the contents in the box were:
- 1 bottle of Captain Morgan rum
- 1 bottle of vodka
- 1 case of beer
- 1 LEGO set
- 1 jigsaw puzzle

The object of the game is to have your team drink all their alcohol and then complete the LEGO set and puzzle. It was lots of fun and hilarity ensued. My team won (competitive drinking and me go hand-in-hand). We are hoping for the same result next weekend. However, being that most of us are three years removed from college, many of our drinking tolerances are not quite what they used to. Also, some of our friends aren't big drinkers. This was a bit of a conundrum. How can we make the game so that everyone can have fun and not be pressured to drink.

We think we found the answer. After some brainstorming last week, Sezzy had a brilliant idea and we ran with it. Our friends are just geeky enough to think it's awesome too. And while I can't disclose what our idea was, I will leave you with a hint:

No comments:

Post a Comment